BioConsortia is seeking a Bioinformatic Scientist to join the Synthetic Biology and Genomics team who is skilled in genome mining, gene discovery, gene cluster elucidation, and microbial pathway analysis. As a member of the Research and Development department, you will work collaboratively with microbial geneticists and use your bioinformatic skill set to support a variety of biological projects including nitrogen fixation, disease control, and pest control. You will be joining an established team with opportunities for scientific and professional development.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the development of new agricultural products through working to deeply understand how bacterial genomes drive performance and how genomes can be modified to enhance biological activity.
- Creatively solve problems and take ownership of related project work.
- Be a self-motivator, capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in Bioinformatics, Bacterial Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or similar biological sciences disciplines, or a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics with 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- A track record of using bioinformatic/genomics tools to discover microbial genes and gene clusters and investigate biosynthetic pathways.
- Ability to create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Experience analyzing large molecular datasets such as genomic sequence data and omics data to support research projects.
- The position may require the development of new methods, software applications, or customizing existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Experience using GitHub and JIRA/Atlassian platforms preferred.
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of material in the form of reports and presentations.
- Excellent record keeping as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Permanent authorization to work in the USA.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org.