BioConsortia is seeking an experienced fermentation scientist to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This will be a senior level position responsible for all aspects of fermentation development of microbial products for agricultural application and managing fermentation lab operations. The successful candidate will work closely with all levels of the Company’s R&D team, as well as external collaborators.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing technical leadership in the development of scalable and cost-effective fermentation processes for microbial products
• Planning and conducting fermentation research and experiments to improve the yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
• Applying the latest knowledge of microbial physiology, secondary metabolism and biosynthetic pathways to media design, process optimization and strain improvement
• Producing high quality materials through fermentation for formulation, field development, and product registration
• Developing process SOPs and specifications for scale up, tech transfer, registration and manufacturing
• Collaborating with other scientists, engineers, and technicians in lead discovery, product development and formulation.
• Creating scalable fermentation processes and specifications for product registration and manufacturing
• Managing day-to-day fermentation research operations
• Contributing expertise and insight on fermentation technology to global research and development operations and strategic planning exercises
• Preparation and delivery of reports, and technical presentations for both in-house and external parties.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• PhD in Chemical/Biological Engineering, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, or related fields.
• Minimum of 5 years of industry or academic laboratory experience in fermentation and/or cell culture (microbial or mammalian cells) with a high level of competence in aseptic technique. Experience with bioreactors is a plus.
• Experience with fermentation scale up to pilot scale and manufacturing preferred.
• Experience with diazotrophic bacteria is preferred.
• Experience with chromatography and chemical analysis techniques also a plus.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• High level of competence in the supervision of technical staff and implementation of safety requirements and skills.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE USA.
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes – working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify organisms that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement and both abiotic tolerance and biotic resistance, as commercial seed treatments, liquid in-furrow products, and granule products for a range of crops.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com