BioConsortia is seeking a Senior Scientist to manage and improve our database and infrastructure. Under the direction of the Director of Synthetic Biology and Genomics, you will be responsible for the company’s database, web-based data management, and user interfaces. This position will also maintain, update, and create new software and tools, manage the day-to-day cloud-based infrastructure, and supervise database specialist. You are joining a research team working collaboratively across all departments with opportunities for professional development and significant intellectual contribution to BioConsortia and our mission to move nature forward.
The successful candidate will:
- Have extensive experience with data science, database, and Amazon Web Services.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages include C#, SQL, python, R.
- Work with team leader and project teams to build, customize, and continually improve database and user interfaces.
- Serve as the expert and support and instill software development best practices and DevOps cycle, including version control system, design and implement unit and integration testing.
- Contribute to the interpretation, preparation, and delivery of material in the form of reports and presentations.
- Creatively solve problems and take ownership of new projects.
- Work well independently, be a self-starter, and bring new ways of working to the BioConsortia team.
- Contribute to various aspects of projects including, experimental designs, data analysis, and analytic pipelines.
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
- MSc or Ph.D. in computer sciences, computer engineering, or biological sciences with industry experience building and maintaining research infrastructure.
- A minimum of three to five years recent industry or relevant experience in data infrastructure and database management.
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented, procedural, and functional programming concepts and proficiency in the following languages .Net/C#, HTML, MSSQL, python3, R, bash.
- Familiar with software development best practices and various stages in the DevOps cycle, including version control (i.e., GitHub), testing frameworks, continuous integration/continuous deployment (i.e., GitHub Action, Jenkins), work-flow managers (i.e., snakemake), monitoring and collaboration.
- Knowledge in .Net framework, MSSQL databases, abilities to design, develop, test, and deploy features in the database based on clients need.
- Experiences in applying appropriate Data science technique (e.g., statistical analysis and modeling, machine learning, prediction, and validation frameworks) to analysis wide range of biological data (e.g., microbial, in planta, NGS) strongly desired but not required.
- Experience using and configuring Amazon Web services (AWS) and cloud-based systems.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE USA
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org.