BioConsortia is seeking a Senior Research Associate to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This position will be responsible for conducting fermentation and downstream processing research to support product development, formulation, and new lead discovery. The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s fermentation, formulation, and microbiology teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing technical expertise in the development of scalable and cost-effective fermentation processes for microbial products
• Actively participating in a safety plan for the fermentation lab and operations
• Planning and conducting fermentation research and experiments to improve the yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
• Applying the latest knowledge of microbial physiology, secondary metabolism and biosynthetic pathways to media design, process optimization and strain improvement
• Producing high quality materials through fermentation for formulation, field development, and product registration
• Developing process SOPs and specifications for scale up, tech transfer, registration and manufacturing
• Collaborating with other scientists, engineers, and technicians in led discovery, microbiology, field development and formulation.
• Creating scalable fermentation processes and specifications for product registration and manufacturing
• Preparation and delivery of reports, and technical presentations
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• BSc or equivalent degree in Chemical/Biological Engineering, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, or related fields.
• Minimum of 2 years of industry or academic laboratory experience in fermentation.
• Working knowledge of fermentation processes
• Experience with analytical techniques and instrumentation
• Experience with fermentation scale up to pilot scale
• Experience with diazotrophs preferred
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Being comfortable lifting ~30-pound objects (bioreactors).
• Must be permanently authorized to work in the USA
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
Contact: If you have interest in this position, please send your resume and a cover letter, in complete confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Utilizing our patented Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process, BioConsortia develops microbes that have exceptional partnerships with plants, resulting in high-performance products for substantially larger and healthier crop yields and a significantly improved environmental profile for growers.
Drought, desertification, degradation and development are stressing the planet’s arable land. BioConsortia’s plant health portfolio includes biologicals that protect crops against pests and diseases at all points of the food distribution chain (biofungicides, bionematicides, and post-harvest disease control), as well as biostimulants that increase crop yields.
To reduce the amount of synthetic fertilizers and farm runoff while increasing crop yields, BioConsortia leverages the power of cutting-edge technologies to create customized biological solutions using nitrogen fixing microbes in non-legume row crops, such as corn and wheat, as well as fruits and vegetables.
For more information, please visit us at