BioConsortia is seeking a Formulation Scientist to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This will be a senior level position responsible for formulation development of microbial biopesticides and biostimulants and managing formulation lab operations. The successful candidate will work closely with all levels of the Company’s R&D team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership in formulation technology for microbial products and developing practical and cost-effective formulations that enable commercialization.
- Managing day-to-day formulation research and development operations.
- Designing and conducting formulation and downstream processing experiments toward to optimizing bioactivity, physical properties and stability.
- Evaluating formulation options and technical feasibilities for optimal delivery and seed safety of microbial products.
- Creating scalable formulation processes and specifications for product registration and manufacturing.
- Providing high quality technical actives and formulation prototypes for greenhouse and field testing.
- Preparation and delivery of reports, SOPs, and technical presentations for both in-house and external parties.
- Contributing expertise and insight on formulation technology to global research and development operations and strategic planning exercises.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- PhD or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related fields.
- BS with sufficient experience (8+ years) will also be considered.
- 1 to 5 years of industrial experience in biological formulation for agriculture
- Experience in the formulation of biological products and familiarity with technologies such as freeze-drying, granulation, emulsion, encapsulation, etc.
- Experience with agricultural chemistries employed in seed treatments and the application techniques used to treat them.
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- A team–player in a fast-paced working environment.
Permanent authorization to work in the USA (US citizen or permanent resident) required.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com