BioConsortia is seeking a Formulation Scientist to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This will be a senior level position responsible for formulation development of microbial biopesticides and biostimulants and managing formulation lab operations. The successful candidate will work closely with all levels of the Company’s R&D team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership in formulation technology for microbial products and developing practical and cost-effective formulations that enable commercialization.
- Managing day-to-day formulation research and development operations.
- Designing and conducting formulation and downstream processing experiments toward to optimizing bioactivity, physical properties and stability.
- Evaluating formulation options and technical feasibilities for optimal delivery and seed safety of microbial products.
- Creating scalable formulation processes and specifications for product registration and manufacturing.
- Providing high quality technical actives and formulation prototypes for greenhouse and field testing.
- Preparation and delivery of reports, SOPs, and technical presentations for both in-house and external parties.
- Contributing expertise and insight on formulation technology to global research and development operations and strategic planning exercises.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- PhD or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related fields.
- BS with sufficient experience (8+ years) will also be considered.
- 1 to 5 years of industrial experience in biological formulation for agriculture
- Experience in the formulation of biological products and familiarity with technologies such as freeze-drying, granulation, emulsion, encapsulation, etc.
- Experience with agricultural chemistries employed in seed treatments and the application techniques used to treat them.
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- A team–player in a fast-paced working environment.
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes – working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify organisms that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement and both abiotic tolerance and biotic resistance, as commercial seed treatments, liquid in-furrow products, and granule products for a range of crops.