BioConsortia (Davis, CA) uses a revolutionary microbial R&D platform to improve plant traits and increase crop yields. We are seeking to expand our Plant Care team with an additional research technician. The successful applicant will contribute to the Plant Care group’s evaluations of plant performance across scales of enquiry from individual plant organs to whole plants and the crop canopy, and for experiments performed in growth rooms and greenhouse to field trials. These data are collected using state of the art plant phenotyping resources. Applicants should be passionate about plant physiological research and inspired by BioConsortia’s core mission to sustainably improve crop yield through discovery of novel microbial technologies.
• Assist in execution of experiments aligned to operational and research objectives
• Assist in experimental set up and plant care including preparation of growth substrate, pot filling, sowing seeds, plant care, post-experiment clean-up, and inventory maintenance
• Assist in the assembly and preparation of equipment for growth experiments
• Assist in collection of a range of data describing plant performance
• Contribute to plant phenotyping activities to identify microbial consortia of interest
• Provide assistance for operation and maintenance of plant growth facilities
• Provide assistance for the set up and implementation of lab and field trials and associated activities
• Contribute to implementation of regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Contribute to the collation of data and experimental records
• BSc in plant science or related field desirable but not necessary.
• One year of practical experience working in a greenhouse or field setting in agricultural research.
KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Experience in setting up plant growth/greenhouse trials is desirable but not essential.
• Good attention to detail and observational skills.
• Good common sense and ability to problem solve
• Fundamental understanding of plant biology
• Excellent organizational, record keeping and verbal and written skills
• Self-motivated and able to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Work well as part of a small, highly collaborative team.
• Candidates must be able to lift 25lbs
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com.