BioConsortia (Davis, CA) uses a revolutionary microbial R&D platform to improve plant traits and increase crop yields. We are seeking to expand our Plant Pathology team with one additional research technician. As a member of the Plant Pathology team, you will contribute to the evaluations of biocontrol microbes in our different platforms involving experiments performed in growth rooms, greenhouse, and field trials. Applicants should be passionate about plant-microbe interactions research and inspired by BioConsortia’s core mission to sustainably improve crop yield through discovery of novel microbial technologies.
• Assist in experimental set up and plant care, including preparation of growth substrate, pot filling, sowing seeds, plant care, post-experiment clean-up, and inventory maintenance
• Assist in the assembly and preparation of equipment for growth experiments
• Assist in collection of a range of data describing plant performance
• Contribute to plant phenotyping activities to identify microbial consortia of interest
• Assist in execution of experiments aligned to operational and research objectives
• Provide assistance for operation and maintenance of plant growth facilities
• Provide assistance for the set up and implementation of lab and field trials and associated activities
• Contribute to implementation of regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Contribute to the collation of data and experimental records
• BSc in plant science or related field desirable but not necessary.
• One year of practical experience working in a greenhouse or field setting in agricultural research or agricultural research facility preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS – ABILITIES:
• Experience in setting up plant growth/greenhouse trials is desirable but not essential.
• Good attention to detail and observational skills.
• Good common sense and ability to problem solve
• Fundamental understanding of plant biology
• Excellent organizational, record keeping and verbal and written skills
• Self-motivated and able to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Work well as part of a small, highly collaborative team.
• Candidates must be able to lift 25lbs
Must be permanently qualified to work in the USA
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com.
Utilizing our patented Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process, BioConsortia develops microbes that have exceptional partnerships with plants, resulting in high-performance products for substantially larger and healthier crop yields and a significantly improved environmental profile for growers.
Drought, desertification, degradation and development are stressing the planet’s arable land. BioConsortia’s plant health portfolio includes biologicals that protect crops against pests and diseases at all points of the food distribution chain (biofungicides, bionematicides, and post-harvest disease control), as well as biostimulants that increase crop yields.
To reduce the amount of synthetic fertilizers and farm runoff while increasing crop yields, BioConsortia leverages the power of cutting-edge technologies to create customized biological solutions using nitrogen fixing microbes in non-legume row crops, such as corn and wheat, as well as fruits and vegetables.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com