BioConsortia is seeking a Research Associate to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This position will be responsible for conducting fermentation and downstream processing research to support product development, formulation, and new lead discovery. The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s fermentation, formulation, and microbiology teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Conducting fermentation research using shake flasks and bioreactors to improve yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
• Conducting downstream processing experiments related to harvest, concentration, and separation
• Producing high quality fermentation materials to support field development, formulation, lead discovery, and registration
• Supporting the development of scalable fermentation processes and specifications for product registration and manufacturing
• Performing biochemical, in-vitro, and in planta assays to characterize the microbes’ bioactivities and physiological properties
• Sample collection, data collection, data analysis, and writing technical reports
• Collaborating with scientists, engineers, and research associates in our company’s teams
• Maintaining lab equipment and bioreactors
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• BSc or equivalent degree in Chemical/Biological Engineering, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, or related fields.
• Experience in fermentation and/or cell culture (microbial or mammalian cells) with a high level of competence in aseptic technique. Experience with bioreactors is a plus.
• Experience with chromatography and chemical analysis techniques also a plus.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Being comfortable lifting ~30-pound objects (bioreactors).
• Must be permanently authorized to work in the USA
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com.
Utilizing our patented Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process, BioConsortia develops microbes that have exceptional partnerships with plants, resulting in high-performance products for substantially larger and healthier crop yields and a significantly improved environmental profile for growers.
Drought, desertification, degradation and development are stressing the planet’s arable land. BioConsortia’s plant health portfolio includes biologicals that protect crops against pests and diseases at all points of the food distribution chain (biofungicides, bionematicides, and post-harvest disease control), as well as biostimulants that increase crop yields.
To reduce the amount of synthetic fertilizers and farm runoff while increasing crop yields, BioConsortia leverages the power of cutting-edge technologies to create customized biological solutions using nitrogen fixing microbes in non-legume row crops, such as corn and wheat, as well as fruits and vegetables.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com