BioConsortia is seeking a Research Associate to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This position will be responsible for conducting fermentation and downstream processing research to support product development, formulation, and new lead discovery. The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s fermentation, formulation, and microbiology teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting fermentation research using shake flasks and bioreactors to improve yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
- Conducting downstream processing experiments related to harvest, concentration, and separation
- Producing high quality fermentation materials to support field development, formulation, lead discovery, and registration
- Supporting the development of scalable fermentation processes and specifications for product registration and manufacturing
- Performing biochemical, in-vitro, and in planta assays to characterize the microbes’ bioactivities and physiological properties
- Sample collection, data collection, data analysis, and writing technical reports
- Collaborating with scientists, engineers, and research associates in our company’s teams
- Maintaining lab equipment and bioreactors
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- BSc, MSc, or equivalent degree in Chemical/Biological Engineering, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, or related fields.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in fermentation and/or cell culture (microbial or mammalian cells) with a high level of competence in aseptic technique. Experience with bioreactors is a plus.
- Experience with chromatography and chemical analysis techniques also a plus.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Being comfortable lifting ~30-pound objects (bioreactors).
Permanent authorization to work in the USA (US citizen or permanent resident) required.
Salary and benefits: This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
Contact: If you have interest in this position, please send your resume and a cover letter, in complete confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org