BioConsortia is seeking a Bioinformatic Research Associate with a passion for using large, reproducible data to develop new biological products. As a member of the Synthetic Biology and Genomics team, you will help accelerate our microbial screening and gene editing platforms through the generation and connection of large genomic and phenotypic databases. You will join an established team with opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Create, optimize, and execute bioinformatic workflows for high throughput sequencing, biochemical, and phenotypic data
• Work with bioinformatic team to curate and connect large genomic and phenotypic databases
• Demonstrate and advocate for good data practices.
• Collaborating with a cross-interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and research associates
• Supporting a safe, organized, and respectful work environment
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics or related field with related work experience or Master’s degree in related field.
• Direct experience with bioinformatic tools for NGS WGS sequencing assembly, RNAseq, or metagenomic analysis
• Proficiency in R and Python, experience with SQL a plus
• Working knowledge of cloud-based computing environments
• Knowledge and use of collaboration-ready coding practices
• Demonstrate ability to learn new tools quickly and implement them
• Excellent organizational, record keeping and verbal and written skills
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams to meet milestones and deadlines
• Must be permanently qualified to work in the USA
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com.
Utilizing our patented Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process, BioConsortia develops microbes that have exceptional partnerships with plants, resulting in high-performance products for substantially larger and healthier crop yields and a significantly improved environmental profile for growers.
Drought, desertification, degradation and development are stressing the planet’s arable land. BioConsortia’s plant health portfolio includes biologicals that protect crops against pests and diseases at all points of the food distribution chain (biofungicides, bionematicides, and post-harvest disease control), as well as biostimulants that increase crop yields.
To reduce the amount of synthetic fertilizers and farm runoff while increasing crop yields, BioConsortia leverages the power of cutting-edge technologies to create customized biological solutions using nitrogen fixing microbes in non-legume row crops, such as corn and wheat, as well as fruits and vegetables.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com