BioConsortia is seeking a plant scientist to join its R&D team in Davis, California to lead in-planta evaluation of microbial performance in plant/soil nutrient acquisition related to nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium and to actively contribute to the microbial lead discovery and development and execution of research operations. The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s microbiology, microbial genetics, and product development teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Provide leadership in plant assay development and experimentation in greenhouse and growth rooms for microbial evaluation of nitrogen fixation, P/K solubilization, and fertilizer use efficiency.
- Develop, validate, and implement high-throughput plant assays for microbial lead discovery and selection using model plant species and target crops such as corn and wheat.
- Coordinate with research teams for in-planta evaluation activities in other controlled environments and field evaluations.
- Compile, analyze and report data to project teams, R&D programs and colleagues in the company.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations for both in-house and external parties.
- Contribute to greenhouse experiment management, the plant biology function, and related R&D operations.
- Support a safe, organized, and respectful work environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and knowledge:
- PhD. in plant biology, plant physiology, crop science, soil science or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry or academic experience in plant biology/physiology related to crop/soil nutrients.
- Strong expertise in plant assay development, troubleshooting, validation, and implementation in greenhouse or growth rooms.
- Experience with in-planta evaluation of microbial products related to nitrogen, phosphate and potassium are highly desirable.
- Experience in image-based plant phenotyping, morphological/physiological measurements, plant tissue and soil nutrient analysis.
- Experience managing greenhouse experimentation and small teams to deliver on projects.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams to meet milestones and deadlines
- Ability to comfortably lift 25lbs.
- Ability to work in conventional greenhouse environments
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive to match it!
Permanent authorization to work in the USA (US citizen or permanent resident) required.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org