BioConsortia has a green space opportunity for the right candidate with experience building, managing, and optimizing our Research and Discovery data infrastructure. You will be joining a diverse research team working collaboratively across all departments with opportunities for professional development and significant intellectual contribution to BioConsortia and our mission to move nature forward.
The successful candidate will:
• Have extensive experience building database driven web applications designed for laboratory data capture and general reporting. Experience with ASP.NET, R-Shiny and SQLServer highly desired.
• Be proficient in multiple programming languages including but not limited to C#, SQL, python, and R.
• Have expertise using and configuring Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud-based systems. Experience with ec2, rds, route53, EBS preferred.
• Maintain, update, and create new software and tools, manage the day-to-day cloud-based infrastructure, and supervise junior technical staff.
• Serve as the technical lead to support and instill SDLC best practices through implementation of thorough DevOps operating procedures, including code version control, functional / unit testing, and continuous integration.
• Work with team leader and project teams to build, customize, and continually improve database and web application user interfaces.
• Creatively solve problems and take ownership of new projects.
• Contribute to various aspects of projects including, experimental designs, data analysis, and analytic pipelines.
• Enjoy solving problems and trouble shooting
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
• MSc or Ph.D. in computer sciences, computer engineering, or biological sciences with industry experience building and maintaining research infrastructure.
• Experience as a DevOps Engineer or role managing data infrastructure and software engineering
• Comfortable with best practices and various stages in the DevOps cycle, including version control; proficiency with git and git workflows or similar work-flow management tools is highly desired
• Permanent authorization to work in the USA.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com