BioConsortia is seeking a Paralegal with exemplary communications skills, good technical and organizational skills, scientific knowledge and a keen interest in participating in the growth of this innovative agricultural biotech company. You will help draft, organize and manage a portfolio of third party agreements and intellectual property. You be will joining a small team with opportunities for professional development and significant intellectual contribution.
• Draft and manage organization/tracking of NDAs & MTAs and other third party agreements through digital filing system
• Organize and track key corporate documents and Board and Shareholder meetings/minutes
• Monitor progress of patent cases and patent attorney/agent dockets through use of USPTO Private PAIR, IP management software, and document management system
• Review patent application files to check for compliance with USPTO and WO-PCT requirements
• Submit to USPTO patent applications, figures, sequence listings, amendments, information disclosure statements, office action responses, requests for continued examination, notices of appeal, reply briefs, allowance checklists, allowed claims, issue fee payments, etc.
• Prepare and docket correspondence from patent offices and external patent attorneys relating to all phases of IP prosecution to ensure timely handling of same
• Process and reconcile invoices
• Coordinate invention disclosure documents
• Manage inventor assignments, oaths/declarations
• Excellent organizational and accountability skills, takes initiative to follow up with inventors, outside counsel law firms and agents to meet critical deadline dates
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
• 3+ years of work experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant in a law firm or an in-house legal department.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary with sufficient experience
• Takes initiative to follow up with inventors, outside counsel and agents, and third party collaborators to ensure timely measures taken
• Knowledge of US and PCT patent procedures
• Knowledge and working experience of the USPTO EFS web filing system in order to independently draft and prepare simple to moderately complex patent legal documents for submission to the USPTO including (but not limited to) patent applications, figures, sequence listings, amendments, information disclosure statements, office action responses, requests for continued examination, notices of appeal, reply briefs, allowance checklists, allowed claims, issue fee payments, etc.
• Superior written and verbal English skills,
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, MS Teams
• Attention to detail, meticulous, creative, self-motivated
• Proficient knowledge with a docketing system and a file management system
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Permanent authorization to work in the USA (US citizen or permanent resident) required.
Contact: If you have interest or want more information please contact, in complete confidence: email@example.com.
Utilizing our patented Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process, BioConsortia develops microbes that have exceptional partnerships with plants, resulting in high-performance products for substantially larger and healthier crop yields and a significantly improved environmental profile for growers.
Drought, desertification, degradation and development are stressing the planet’s arable land. BioConsortia’s plant health portfolio includes biologicals that protect crops against pests and diseases at all points of the food distribution chain (biofungicides, bionematicides, and post-harvest disease control), as well as biostimulants that increase crop yields.
To reduce the amount of synthetic fertilizers and farm runoff while increasing crop yields, BioConsortia leverages the power of cutting-edge technologies to create customized biological solutions using nitrogen fixing microbes in non-legume row crops, such as corn and wheat, as well as fruits and vegetables.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com