BioConsortia is seeking a reliable, organized Accountant/Accounts Specialist to assist in the day-to-day finance and administration aspects of running our business. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. You be will joining an established team with opportunities for professional development and significant intellectual contribution to the finance team as we continue to grow and build value for our investors.
• Assist with recording and reporting all company financial transactions and reconciliations, including preparation of monthly financial statements of the Company
• Assist with preparing and updating budgets/forecasts for US and NZ operations.
• Input all invoices into accounting software (QuickBooks)
• Arrange payments to vendors; match payments in QB; scan and attach all invoices
• Ensure proper procedures followed and orderly accounting filing system is maintained
• Assist in ensuring a timely monthly close process and annual audits
• Arrange filing/archiving all physical files in file cabinet.
• Track down overdue invoices
• Adding all new vendors to QB and Online Banking
• Request/input new vendor W-9 information
• Assist with obtaining necessary support or answering payment/invoice related questions for monthly close timely
• Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or business; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2+ years experience in a finance/administrative capacity
• Must be proficient in Word and Excel; familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational ability and ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
• Pleasant, friendly disposition with strong interpersonal communication skills
• Team oriented