BioConsortia (Davis, CA) uses a revolutionary microbial R&D platform to improve plant traits and increase crop yields. We are seeking to expand our Plant Physiology functional group by hiring at the Senior Research Associate/Research Associate level depending upon qualifications and experience. A Scientist level position may be considered. The successful applicant will contribute to the Plant Physiology group’s evaluations of plant performance across scales of enquiry from individual plant organs to whole plants and the crop canopy, and for experiments performed in growth rooms and greenhouse to field trials. These data are collected using state of the art plant phenotyping resources. Applicants should be passionate about plant physiological research and inspired by BioConsortia’s core mission to sustainably improve crop yield through discovery of novel microbial technologies. The successful candidate will work closely with all levels of the Company’s R&D team.
- Contribute to planning and execution of plant physiological research designed to identify plant beneficial microbials
- Contribute to the development, optimization and implementation of new protocols and techniques
- Contribute to the collation and analysis of data and experimental records
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of material in the form of reports and presentations
- Contribute to implementation of regulatory requirements and internal policies
- BSc or MSc in Plant or Crop Science
- A minimum of 2 years practical experience in industry or academic research.
KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS - ABILITIES
- Conducting plant physiological research in greenhouse and remote field environments.
- Obtaining and processing imaged plant phenotypes.
- Collecting and interpreting leaf gas exchange and chl a fluorescence data sets
- Manipulating and analyzing large data sets using R and / or Python.
- Working with drone imagery to produce mosaics and quantitative analysis of images.
- Excel as part of a small, highly collaborative team.