BioConsortia is seeking a Research Associate to join its R&D team in Davis, California. This position will be responsible for providing technical microbiology experiments including in vitro and in planta bioassays, molecular microbiology, and traditional culturing experiments. The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s Microbiology, Fermentation, Plant Pathology and Plant physiology teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Assist in planning, optimization and execution of experiments aligned to operational and research objectives
• Provide technical assistance for isolation, characterization, culture and storage of bacteria and fungi
• Provide technical assistance for the set up and implementation of lab and field trials and associated activities
• Provide technical assistance for experiments designed to identify plant beneficial microbials
• Preparation of reagents and media
• Contribute to the development, optimization and implementation of new protocols and techniques
• Contribute to implementation of regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Contribute to the preparation of lab manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Contribute to the collation of data and experimental records
• Contribute to the preparation and delivery of material in the form of reports and presentations
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• BSc or equivalent degree in Microbiology, Biological sciences, or related field.
• 2+ years in an industrial or academic research lab is desired.
• Experience in traditional bacterial and fungal cell cultures with a high level of competence in aseptic technique.
• Experience in researching plant-microbe interactions.
• Proficiency in microscopy, including light and confocal microscopes.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.