BioConsortia is seeking a reliable, organized Office/Accounts Payable/Purchasing Assistant to assist in the day-to-day administrative aspects of running our business.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, we’re excited to talk with you. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed, as well as a team player with a keen interest in building successful relationships with clients.
Office management/files, etc.
- Organize meetings; arrange appointments; and book transport and accommodation, as needed
- Assist CEO and SVP with presentations, meetings, mail/couriers, expense reports, etc.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current; establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Collect, open and date stamp mail and sort for further distribution
- Input all invoices into accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Assist in payments to vendors; match payments in QB; scan and attach all invoices
- Ensure proper procedures followed and orderly accounting filing system is maintained
- Assist in ensuring a timely monthly close process and annual audits
- Arrange filing/archiving all physical files in file cabinet.
- Track down overdue invoices
- Request/input new vendor W-9 information
- Assist with budgets/forecasts for US and NZ operations.
- Assist with obtaining necessary support or answering payment/invoice related questions for monthly close timely
- Assist in purchasing operations to achieve timely and cost-efficient delivery of goods and services
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining office supplies inventory; review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Assist as needed in placing, monitoring, and processing orders for supplies.
- 2+ years experience in an administrative capacity
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint; familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
- Pleasant, friendly disposition with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes - working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify organisms that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement and both abiotic tolerance and biotic resistance, as commercial seed treatments, liquid in-furrow products, and granule products for a range of crops.