BioConsortia is looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals with an interest in advancing agriculture and food production to work within a Plant Care Team in our greenhouse facility near Woodland, CA. BioConsortia uses this facility to test microbial consortia for a wide range of beneficial effects on diverse plant species. As part of the Plant Care Team successful applicants will be play a key role in identifying and advancing microbes through BioConsortia’s product-development pipelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the greenhouse plant care team to ensure the throughput of diverse experiments for multiple product pipelines
- Perform varied aspects of experimental set up and plant care including
- Soil mixing
- Pot filling
- Seed treatment
- Seed planting
- Contribute to plant phenotyping activities to identify microbial consortia of interest
Ideal candidates will:
- Have experience working within a greenhouse
- Have plant care experience
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Be able to work flexible hours that may alter with season or weather
A number of permanent, full and part -time positions are available.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
Please provide a copy of your resume.
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing highly effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes - working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify microbes that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement, abiotic stress tolerance, biocontrol and metabolite expression.