BioConsortia is looking for a skilled plant scientist to lead our greenhouse evaluations of microbial consortia for plant trait improvement derived from BioConsortia's proprietary advanced microbial selection (“AMS”) platform.
The position will require innovative thinking to plan and execute greenhouse experiments in high throughput formats enabled by state of the art plant phenotyping technologies. The successful candidate will manage greenhouse operations and a plant care team and contribute to experiment design and execution. The position will be based out of the Company’s facilities in Davis, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with discovery and development research teams to design and execute a wide range of greenhouse experiments for lead selection and advancement.
- Interact with research teams to coordinate greenhouse activities with other controlled environment and field evaluations.
- Oversee the operation of imaging equipment and data acquisition for plant phenotyping.
- Oversee greenhouse operation, facility maintenance, procurement, experimental quality control, and essential plant care provisions including irrigation, nutrition and pest and disease control.
- Manage a plant care team to optimize use of the greenhouse facility and experiment throughput.
- Compile, analyze and report data to colleagues across the company.
- Ensure all greenhouse activities are in full compliance with company health and safety and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to company R&D strategy.
A strong candidate for the position will have:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a plant science, horticulture or agricultural science related discipline.
- Experience with evaluation of microbial products (highly desirable, but not essential)
- Performed plant physiological research within a greenhouse environment.
- Experience in image-based plant phenotyping.
- Experience managing greenhouse operations and small teams.
- PCA license is desirable.
- Candidates must be able to comfortably lift 25lbs.
- Ability to work in conventional greenhouse environments.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
Please provide a copy of your resume.
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing highly effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes - working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify microbes that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement, abiotic stress tolerance, biocontrol and metabolite expression.