BioConsortia is seeking a well-organized individual to support its R&D activities in Davis, California.
Responsibilities will include the following:
R&D operational support
- Procurement and inventory maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Place, monitor, and process orders for supplies.
- Review and refine existing ordering and inventory management processes to ensure both continuity of supply and cost-efficiency.
- Work with R&D Executives, Scientists and support staff to anticipate needs and procure supplies and equipment in advance of requirements.
- Set up new accounts with vendors and maintain the master vendor list.
- Work with existing Purchasing Team to secure discounts for lab supplies and manage the lab coat supply system.
- Maintain chemical inventory lists in accordance with company protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Procurement and facilitation of laboratory equipment maintenance and repair services
- Implement and, where required, update the scheduling of routine and proactive maintenance services to ensure safe and correct functioning of lab equipment
- Work with company Operations and Science team to rectify faults quickly and minimize impact on R&D operations
- Purchase order and invoice processing
- Work with R&D Executives and the finance team to secure appropriate purchase orders, process payments and ensure audit compliant documentation is in place
- Match transaction history with invoices
- Gather and review monthly reports of all transactions made
- Assist with day to day accounting tasks associated with laboratory procurement and supply maintenance
- Coordination of deliveries and dispatch of shipments
- Resolve shipments in error and arrange returns
- Arrange for deliveries and collection or dispatch of shipments
- Assist with assembly of documentation and packaging of shipments for dispatch
- Implementation of company safety policies and protocols
- Be a company-wide champion for impeccable performance in environmental health and workplace safety
- Work with the company’s Chief Safety Officer to ensure implementation and full compliance with all safety policies and protocols
- Schedule and implement regular inspections and maintenance of all safety equipment
- Assist with the development and implementation of safety training modules
- Maintain up-to-date and accessible records of safety training, hazard lists and all other compliance documentation
- Oversee and participate in Company Safety Committee
- Coordinate and manage R&D meetings
- Work with SVPs to develop agendas and coordinate presentations
- Schedule meetings
- Collate and distribute minutes
- Research and technical support for the BioConsortia’s lead discovery programs.
- Work with project lead to develop and implement effective in-vitro and in-planta assays for discovery and development of biopesticide leads.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, start-up environment with minimal supervision.
Safety and R&D Administrative Support
Research support services – as may be required from time to time
- Provide technical support for experiments to investigate plant and soil microbiome dynamics.
- Technical support includes experiment planning, preparation of materials, experimental set-up, data collection and collation, sample collection and processing and associated duties required to maintain a safe, clean and well organized laboratory.
- Assist as required with data analysis and writing technical reports for internal presentation/interpretations.
- Collaborate as required with other members of the R&D team to develop, implement, trouble-shoot and optimize experimental processes.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- BSc in Biological Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a research or commercial laboratory setting that includes interface with third party providers.
- Ability to learn fast, take initiative and develop relationships with vendors and regulators.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.