BioConsortia is seeking a bioinformatics programmer to contribute to our R&D platform by developing and implementing an integrated data analysis platform. This position would entail working in a small team to develop, test and maintain a web interface for an integrated database, and create software pipelines and interactive tools to enhance the R&D platform.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with a MS SQL server database and web server, which provides interface for the R&D team.
- Develop, design, implement, test, modify, document and maintain in-house analytic software pipelines.
- Work with R&D teams to create user friendly graphical user interface (GUI) to enhanced user experiences with other in-house software.
- Work with R&D teams to build SQL queries and develop GUI tools for queries.
- Work with R&D teams and under the supervision of scientist team leaders.
- Interact, train, and work with R&D users on how to use software.
- Develop visualization tools for various dataset, and analytic methods as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
- BSc or MS in computer science, bioinformatics or equivalence experience
- A minimum of three years developing software experience in an industry or academic environment or equivalent.
- Experience in the field of plant-microbe interactions or soil microbiology is desirable though not essential
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes - working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify organisms that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement and both abiotic tolerance and biotic resistance, as commercial seed treatments, liquid in-furrow products, and granule products for a range of crops.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com