BioConsortia is seeking a bioinformatics programmer to integrate multiple data types, including genotypic, phenotypic, and microbiome data, to contribute to the discovery and development of microbes for improving agricultural productivity. Under the direction of a senior scientist, you will help build a bioinformatic pipeline that will transform raw “-omics” data into meaningful, digestible results. You be will joining a small team with opportunities for professional development and significant intellectual contribution.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with team leader to build, customize, and continually improve bioinformatics workflows, data analysis pipelines, and data visualization tools
- Work within a team of programmers using a version control system, design and implement unit and integration testing
- Contribute to the interpretation, preparation, and delivery of material in the form of reports and presentations
- Creatively solve problems and take ownership of new projects
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. computer science, data science, genomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or a related field
- A minimum of two years recent industry or academic experience in programming
- Skilled programmer in at least one analytical language such as R, Python, Perl
- Experience working with Linux command line and common utilities
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience installing and running a wide variety of bioinformatics tools, preferred but not required
- Experience deploying and maintaining resources on AWS, preferred but not required
- Experience with DNA sequence analysis, especially high throughput sequence data, genomics, or microbiome data, preferred but not required
- Familiarity with version control systems, e.g. Git, preferred but not required
Salary and benefits:
This position will include a competitive salary along with stock options and standard company benefits.
BioConsortia, Inc. is developing effective microbial solutions that enhance plant phenotypes and increase crop yields. We are pioneering the use of directed selection in identifying teams of microbes - working like plant breeders and selecting plants based on targeted characteristics, then isolating the associated microbial community. Our proprietary Advanced Microbial Selection (AMS) process enriches the crop microbiome, allowing us to identify organisms that influence the expression of beneficial traits in plants. We are currently focused on products for fertilizer use efficiency, growth improvement and both abiotic tolerance and biotic resistance, as commercial seed treatments, liquid in-furrow products, and granule products for a range of crops.
For more information, please visit us at www.bioconsortia.com